At Your First Orthodontic Appointment
We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 30-60 minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs and wants. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we ask that you fill out the “New Patient Forms” listed below, and submit them online. If treatment is indicated at the time of the exam, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. Due to the importance of this first “get to know you visit”, we invite all guardians who are involved in the decision making process to attend in person, over the phone or via skype video conference.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
We’re so excited to see you. If you have any questions, please call 480-838-7410 or send us an email.